Saturday, March 27, 2010

Last Minute Honeymoon Trip in August

We just changed plans for our honeymoon this august and will be spending it in Glacier. Of course being last minute most of the lodges appear to be full. I do a have reservation at the Lake Macdonald Lodge Motor Inn.





Have any of you stayed here or heard of it? Also, any other suggestions of places to stay? I was told cancellations are common and I did have a chance to get into the lodge itself or a cabin.





Also, my parents are planning a trip for 2010. They were looking at the Lake Macdonald Lodge, Many Glaciers or East Glacier Lodge. Hiking and scenery are the most important things to them. Any thoughts??





Thanks!



Last Minute Honeymoon Trip in August


I have stayed in the Lake McDonald main lodge and wasn%26#39;t too thrilled. The room was what I expected in a park lodge but it wasn%26#39;t clean. We also stayed at Village Inn in Apgar right on the lake and it was also dated but very clean. If I were you I would keep trying for Many Glacier or Swiftcurrent for part of the trip. I think you would enjoy spending time on both sides of the park. The same is true for your parents. East Glacier (Glacier Park Lodge in east glacier is the lodge I assume you mean) is removed from the main body of the park but is close to the Two Medicine area. Some of the best hikes in the park (in my opinion) are in the Many Glacier area. There are hiking trails along the GTTSR also. Many Glacier is about 30 minutes from the east entrance of the park and the GTTSR. It really isn%26#39;t a bad drive, and I think the scenery at the lodge is much better than east glacier. What type of hiking are you or your parents interested in?

No comments:

Post a Comment