Monday, December 12, 2011

Driving route

I will be entering GNP by west entrance,GTTSR to Many Glacier, followed by Waterton and East Glacier. When driving from East Glacier to White Fish for over night, should I drive the GTTSR from east to west or drive route 2 in terms of scenic value?



Driving route


If I read this correctly, you will have driven GTTS once to get over. Your option, if you really liked GTTS, drive it again. Hwy 2 is not as scenic, but..........does give a differnt perspective of the mountains and landscapes. I%26#39;d vote Hwy 2 for the return.



Driving route


I%26#39;ve actually not traveled that portion of hwy 2, but we have noticed that GTTS Road will give you a different perspective going each way (%26amp; both are breathtakingly beautiful). I guess I%26#39;d also suggest hwy 2 for the return, for the sake of seeing more of the country. I think you%26#39;ll like it up there so much you%26#39;ll want to come back, %26amp; then you can drive GTTS Road east to west. One thing tho, if the weather is rainy or cloudy on the way west to east, and then turns sunny for the return trip, then I%26#39;d go back on GTTS road.




I%26#39;ve been both routes and unless the traffic or weather cause problems, I%26#39;d say go both ways on GTTS road. Much more scenic, worth seeing both directions, but much slower too.




I agree, I think you get different views each way. I would use the GTTSR unless as stated, the possible construction delays would be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment