Monday, December 12, 2011

horse pack trip

I am looking for a good outfitter to have a horse pack trip into the wilderness for 7 days with good fly fishing in montana....does anyone have any suggestions?



horse pack trip


Where in Montana do you wish to go? The Bob Marshall? Down by Livingston into the Paradise Valley? Lots of good fishing all over the state, and lots of horse packers.



horse pack trip


Follow this link, then click on Visitor Services. There is a section called Outfitters and Guides. You can look them up by area/town/city.



I looked at these three, which are located in Augusta. We are going with Triple J the last week in June on one of their 4 day trips.



Triple J



Mills Wilderness Adventures



Ford Creek



There is also a well-regarded outfitter in Choate, but I can%26#39;t remember the name.





http://www.visitmt.com/index.htm




Thanks for you help/suggestions. I know one question asked previously is what area of Montana I wanted to go to and I am still researching that and do not have a favorite at this time so I am open to all suggestions.




Choteau is the name of the town near the Bob Marshall Wilderness where there are outfitters. Choteau is just north of Augusta. The Bob is the huge wilderness area south of Glacier National Park. Great Falls is the nearest ';big'; city and airport.





Last August I did a 7 day horsepacking trip with A Lazy H Outfitters, near Choteau. Had the trip of a lifetime, so many treasured memories. This family has been leading fishing, hunting, photography trips for a couple of generations. Send me a private message if you%26#39;d like details. Some parts of the trip were really excellent, other parts I%26#39;d want to do differently.





By all means, get out into the wilderness for an entirely different perspective on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment