Monday, December 12, 2011

Native American cultural events

I%26#39;ve read about 2 Native American cultural programs which take place in Glacier. The ';Legends of Glacier'; and also ';Two Medicine Lake Dancers and Singers';. How often are these performances, are tickets available in advance if required?

Native American cultural events

Since no one seems to have any answers for you here, I%26#39;d recommend you try contacting the Browning Chamber of Commerce, they may be able to give you the info you need:

http://www.browningchamber.com/

Native American cultural events

If Jack Gladstone is playing (same Browning info can connect you), he is well worth seeing. Excellent singer, songwriter and story teller. I believe he is a Blackfoot.


There are annual powwows in Browning and Heart Butte. I checked the chamber of commerce calendar and the one in Browning is July 9-12 and the one in Heart Butte is Aug 6-9 in 2009. I%26#39;ve been to the one in Browning. It is not a tourist event, but a real powwow and competitive dance. We enjoyed it.


Thank you, for the help on this. The events in Browning and Heart Butte would be something I would consider on my next visit to Glacier since they take place during July and August. I arrive on Aug 29th. I did inquire at www.jackgladstone.com where he does perform in Glacier but there is not a schedule listed yet. I will continue to check back.

  • make a beauty pageant sash
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment