Thursday, April 1, 2010

Is road from St. Mary to Rising Sun Motor Inn scary?

We are visiting the first week in July and I plan on using the shuttle to see the entire length of the Going to the Sun Road due to the fact that I don%26#39;t want to drive on a narrow road with drop-offs. The plan was to stay a few days on the western side of the park and then circle the park on Hwy 2 and stay a few days on the eastern side. I wanted to stay at the Rising Sun Motor Inn. I notice that it is only 5-8 miles into the road from the east. I%26#39;m assuming the road doesn%26#39;t get too scary until closer to Logan%26#39;s Pass. Am I right or do I need to look for accomodations in East Glacier or St. Mary?





Thank you for any help.



Is road from St. Mary to Rising Sun Motor Inn scary?


The road is virtually flat from Saint Mary to Rising Sun. There is nothing remotely scary about that section :)



Is road from St. Mary to Rising Sun Motor Inn scary?


Thanks, Adam. Flat sounds very good! We%26#39;ll book a room at Rising Sun then.




1/2 mile further up the road from Rising Sun is the over look for wild goose island. This site can provide some of the most stunning sunrises, you will likely see postcards with these photos. Something to consider.




Thanks k2kelley. That is very close- I%26#39;d hate to miss the opportunity to see that. Though I%26#39;ll probably do that one on my own as my traveling partner will most likely refuse to get up that early. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment