Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kalispell and Area's Hostels/budget Motels

Once again, my husband and I are looking for hostels or budget motels in the area of Kalispell and surrounging towns. We only need a place to sleep and shower. Keep traveling!



Kalispell and Area's Hostels/budget Motels


Hi again, didn%26#39;t see this other post until now - please check out the www.visitmt.com website if you can - I think you can type in the town that you want %26amp; whatever they have will show up. There are SEVERAL places you could stay in the Kalispell area, and several are kinda pricey, but the scenery is so awesome, you might not be in your room very much anyway. We have stayed in Whitefish (fairly pricey) and also Hungry Horse (on the way into Glacier). I don%26#39;t remember the names of either one, but I do remember that the Hungry Horse one was a tiny room, and I mean tiny. My husband stretched out his arms %26amp; was just a few inches short of touching both walls. The lighting was very poor to non-existant over the shower, so I didn%26#39;t use it - it was one of those really small metal shower stalls. This was about 16 years ago, tho, so I%26#39;m sure Hungry Horse has many newer %26amp; better places to stay by now. It%26#39;s a good place to stay if you want to get into the park early in the morning. If you will have already been thru the park, I%26#39;d suggest something closer to Kalispell, then. There are several towns in between.



We really enjoyed the ski lift ride up Big Mountain - it was a bit chilly (June, 6pm-ish), but the view was AWESOME! From the top you can see the Canadian Rockies to the north %26amp; into Glacier Park to the east. Going down gives you a wonderful view of Whitefish Lake as well as Flathead Lake in the distant south. Hope you have a safe %26amp; really fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment