Saturday, April 3, 2010

U. S. Highway 191

We have just one day to travel by car from Yellowstone - leaving either by the north or west entraces - to West Glacier and want to see as much of Montana%26#39;s beautiful scenery as possible. We%26#39;ve planned to make short stops along the way and have at least one mid-day meal and dinner. Suggestions about routes to I-90 are MUCH APPRECIATED!





From Yellowstone to I-90, there appears to be three possible routes we identified so far:





*North Entrance of Yellowstone through Paradise Valley / Yellowstone River to I-90 in Livingston





*West Entrance of Yellowstone via US Hwy 191 along the Gallatin to I-90/Belgrade





*West Entrance of Yellowstone via US Hwy 287 to I-90/near Whitehall - with a possible side trip to a ghost town - Virginia City, Nevada City, or Pony - and possibly a dip in Norris Hot Springs.



No comments:

Post a Comment