Saturday, April 3, 2010

What to do in April?

My daughter and I are visiting friends in Kalispell, what is there to do for 4 days? I know very little about the area and wondered if mountain areas are going to be accessible or is there too much snow. I am a complete stranger to this neck of the woods. Any suggestions would be most helpful..Thanks



What to do in April?


April is kind of the in between time here in Montana. Not hot enough to get to far up in the mountains, but too late in the year for skiing/snowboarding. It will still be beautiful though. I would recommend going down to Flathead Lake. Go to Big Fork and head south down the Lake. The Raven and the Sitting duck are some restaurant/bars that have great views and are great to sit out on the deck. Even if it is only in the 50-60s. You cant miss them if you head down Flathead Lake from Bigfork. They are about 5 miles down the road right on the water. There is a cool brewery across the street from the Raven too. You could also drive up to the ski resort. It used to be called Big Mountain, but now it is called Whitefish Lake Ski Resort I believe. Even if you are not going skiing the views are nice and there are some restaurants and things up there to see. You should go up to the Park, Glacier Park, and at least go to Lake MacDonald. It is open all year I believe and you can see how far the road is open, Going to the Sun Road, it is truly beautiful. If you want good food while staying in Kalispell, North Bay Grille, Jagz, are my choices, also, Whitefish and Bigfork have very lovely restaurants and scenery. You are definitely going to want to have a car for the area. Enjoy!



What to do in April?


Thanks for your help, I will print and take with us.. J

No comments:

Post a Comment