Thursday, April 8, 2010

Best, most scenic route & stops from I-90 to West Glacier

We have just one day to travel by car from Yellowstone to West Glacier and want to see as much of Montana%26#39;s beautiful scenery as possible. We%26#39;ve planned to make short stops along the way and have at least one mid-day meal and dinner . Suggestions are MUCH APPRECIATED!





From Yellowstone to I-90, there appears to be three possible routes we identified so far:





*North Entrance of Yellowstone through Paradise Valley / Yellowstone River to I-90 in Livingston





*West Entrance of Yellowstone via US Hwy 191 along the Gallatin to I-90/Belgrade





*West Entrance of Yellowstone via US Hwy 287 to I-90/near Whitehall - with a possible side trip to a ghost town - Virginia City, Nevada City, or Pony - and possibly a dip in Norris Hot Springs.





Possible stops along I-90:



*Boseman- Museum of the Rockies highlights, Three



Forks (I-90 at Livingston)



*Butte - Berkeley Pit (just to quickly ponder)



*Deer Lodge - Grant -Kohrs Ranch National Historic



Site



*Missoula - ? and stocking up on provisions while in



Glacier





From I-90 northward to West Glacier:



*US Hwy 93



or



*State Highway 200 to 93 through Swan Valley? Read about lots of deer/wildlife on this road. How much time does this add verses Hwy 93?





From US Hwy 93, which is the most scenic Flathead Lake route to take?



*Continue on 93 or



*Take State Hwy 35?

No comments:

Post a Comment