Thursday, April 1, 2010

Really nice hotel within a half hour(ish) of entrance??

Ok, I willingly admit I%26#39;m a bit picky about hotels. I%26#39;m looking for a really nice hotel fairly close to any Yellowstone Park entrance. I have done quite a bit of research, but am coming up empty. I want to stay outside of the park. The closest I can find is Cody, which is a bit too far. I just want to make sure I have not missed anything.



When I say picky, I don%26#39;t mean a 5 star, a 3 or 4 would be fine. Thanks so much.



Really nice hotel within a half hour(ish) of entrance??


Are you looking for a hotel with pool, restaurant, hi-speed wireless, etc...those kind of amenities? Would you be interested in a guest ranch?



Really nice hotel within a half hour(ish) of entrance??


Everything around YNP is going to have a rustic-ness to it. One favorite of ours is Chico Hot Springs resort north of YNP about 35 miles (40 minutes or so). They have a fairly wide variety of accomodations including some cabins and chalets that are very nice. Aside from the hot spring pools they also have a very nice restaurant...surprisingly so given the remoteness. www.chicohotsprings.com




Would you really say Chico is 3 or 4 star though? I%26#39;d say 3 star for the area, but be aware it%26#39;s rustic. They all are!





If you really want nicer lodgings, go to Jackson or Big Sky. You can rent luxury condos and whole houses in those areas. It is more than a half hour down to the park, but easily doable from Big Sky.





Cody IS too far and on the wrong side of the park for easy touring of the must-sees. It is a great town. The Western Art and history museum is worth a visit.




Here is a link to a webpage with West Yellowstone options-





http://www.westyellowstonechamber.com/sleep/





You may want to check out the Bar-N-Ranch which is six miles west of West Yellowstone.




Thanks so much for your help. I%26#39;m going to check out the options that you have suggested. I%26#39;ve been looking at West Yellowstone, but nothing is jumping out at me. Thanks again.




We just stayed at the Dessert days inn in West Yellowstone. The rooms were very clean. A three star but woth the money and a walk to the west enterance.




Two places I can recommend in West Yellowstone. The Best Western Kelly Inn is open year round; very nice accomodations.



The Clubhouse Inn opens late spring and closes about the middle of October. Nice big rooms, a decent continental breakfast, friendly staff, good parking and close to restaurants and an indoor pool.




Three Bear Lodge has a brand new 2 story Lodge opening July 1. Worth checking into :)


  • eye make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment